If you have loved ones who live alone or are in danger of falling, please check in on them this holiday season. While you are there take the time to run through the following checklist:
- Check the batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- Replace burned out lightbulbs
- Look for clutter and other loose objects on the floor that can lead to falls and accidents
- Check the kitchen to be sure that commonly used items are low enough so that your loved one doesn’t have to climb or reach for things
- Review thismedical alert assessment to see if your loved one is a good candidate for a medical alert system.
- Take them to the library for some large-print books
- Give your loved one a hug
To celebrate the spirit of giving this holiday season, use coupon code HOLIDAY2011 and save an extra $2 on a LifeStation Medical Alarm.